Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I Have Seen the Light

Tuesday, January 04, 2056, 11:15pm

I knew I should have stopped obsessing about my dream that’s not a dream. I had it again. This time it came back after four days, instead of twenty years. This time I almost reached the end of my fall. Strangely, for the first time I did not feel as though death was eminent. And boy, did it seem real.

This time I saw a light below. I was falling like a parachutist. Arms and legs outstretched with my navel leading the way. And, like so many bad dreams, I had no clothes on. Naked as the day I was born, as the saying goes. The light got slowly larger and I could tell that it was a light blue circle. As I approached faster and faster the circle grew. It looked like a circular swimming pool lit from under the water. Too soon I was only about ten meters above what I could clearly see was a pool of water. I was in a perfect position for a gigantic belly flop. However, I was traveling way to fast to make this any sort of fun. This was going to hurt. I have jumped into water from some heights in my life. Like off of the pier in Santa Monica. But this was from too great of a height and I was traveling much too fast. And most critically, I am 99 years old.

So I woke myself up. This time it was almost effortless. This time I awoke still on my back. Neither was sweat pouring off my body.

I wonder if I am losing it. I’ve been blessed with the use of my mind thus far in my life. Is my mind going to go before my body? I hope not. My Grandmother’s last years were lost to the family. She was here in body, but her mind, her personality disappeared. I would rather spare my family of that burden. I think I am just overreacting.

I need to sleep. Sleep is a great cure for a troubled mind. The rising sun will bring a new day and if I am lucky, Anastasiya will visit me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home