Sunday, January 01, 2006

My New Journal

Sigh. I wrote just three words for my first entry in my new journal. That is pretty pathetic. I will have to try harder.

Well, like I said, I am dying. I guess you could say that we are all dying from the moment of birth. But I don’t mean it in that way. I mean that I am close to the end of my life. Yes. That is much clearer.

I can feel that my end is coming. My health is not too bad considering my age. I just know my time is coming soon. I am 99 years old but I don’t think that I’ll make it to 100. My Doctor seems to think that I have a good four or five years to go. I know that he is wrong. Of course, I could be wrong. I thought that I was dying when I was 79. I wrote nice letters to all of my relatives. That was a little embarrassing. I am too old to be embarrassed anymore.

This little journal is for my great-great-grandson Raul, who was born this past August, and my great-granddaughter Anastasiya, who is now four years old. I hope that in the time left to me I can tell them about my life, with the hope, at the least, that they will find some entertainment in these words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home